Asian Textiles: Art & Trade Along the Silk Road
Drawn from the DMA's collection, this exhibition showcases fine examples of garments and ornamental hangings. The works on view come from India, Central Asia, China, and Japan, with some objects featuring colored ink paintings on textile backgrounds. The garments range from a Japanese fireman's coat to an Indian sari and a Chinese dragon robe. Asian Textiles highlights the passage of luxury goods along the Silk Road between eastern Asia, India, and places like Uzbekistan. This historical trade route led to an interchange of arts and crafts from the Mediterranean to India and the Far East.
1717 N. Harwood St.
Dallas, TX 75201
Other Dates & Times
- Sunday, July 29, 2018, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, July 28, 2018, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Tuesday, Jul 31, 11:00 AM
- More Events on August 17, 2018
- Friday, Aug 17, 6:00 PM
- Friday, Aug 17, 9:00 PM
- Friday, Aug 17, 11:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.